Monthly Archives: October 2016
eBay has lived up to the reputation of being the platform where you can sell just about everything that can be sold. This is one of those marketplaces where sellers have proven that someone’s trash can actually be someone’s gold. Basically, eBay allows you to sell old and thoroughly used items in this platform as long as you list the product with honest descriptions and win the attention of buyers who are willing to purchase the same. At present there are a number of happy sellers that have been using eBay to sell personal products that are of no use to them to willful buyers at very nominal prices. At all times, this is a more profitable alternative to dumping the same.
What makes the process of selling old and used products in eBay is the freedom from a host of operational requirements that are otherwise imperative for full time serious sellers. Three of them can be mentioned as follows…
- Inventory management – If you are selling your trash, it is probably stocked in your basement. At the same time, it is only obvious that you don’t have a voluminous stock to take care of. Therefore, the otherwise convoluted mesh of eBay inventory control systems will not apply to you.
- Pricing softwares – While selling a couple of used products, you will not have to worry thoroughly about competitive pricing. All you need to do is take a look at how much you need to pay for listing and how much profit percentage eBay will charge as fees and decide your price accordingly.
- End to end integration – Serious sellers who sell eBay Amazon or any other platform for that matter, urgently require end to end integration and optimization for obvious reasons. This is usually an expensive process that takes time and adequate strategizing. With a couple of used products to sell, you are free from this hassle.
Even the newest of sellers in eBay and Amazon understand that it is their approach to listing management that ultimately decides their fate in the existing cut throat competition that is thriving in these marketplaces. Product listing in very simple words is the way you introduce your products before the target buyers as well as the marketplace itself. From the titles of the product to the pricing of the same, each and every aspect of listing matters to the last word when it comes to winning maximum clicks and conversions.
At present, a number of very high quality eBay Amazon listing softwares have made this otherwise tedious and time consuming process as easy as a breeze. However, here are 5 ways you can judge for sure whether your listing approach is as good as it should be…
- Your product ranking in the first page of Amazon / eBay search list is the first sign of healthy listing. This indicates that your keywords are good enough to add discoverability to your products. If your products continue to remain in the first page, it shows that the value you have given to your listing is good and productive in the tastes of Amazon / eBay
- Surge in the number of clicks is a sign of convincing listing. This shows that buyers are taking interest in what you have to offer and this is a blessing when you sell on Amazon or eBay. Topped with a good conversion ratio, you can pat yourself on your back for a good job done.
- Healthy inventory movement, that is when the inventory scene is without stale inventory or issues of the sort, is also a sign of good listing. If you have listed well, your products will fetch more orders which will eventually push the inventory out in a respectable course of time.
Top ecommerce marketplaces are known for laying out certain very serious rules and regulations pertaining to essential operational processes that need to be maintained by member sellers at all times. This drive is basically designed to improve the quality of the respective marketplaces especially in the direction of extending and improving purchase experiences in favor of their visitors. Almost every aspect of marketplace operations is directly or indirectly linked with this purpose which makes it critical for sellers to uphold the same.
Inventory policies by far have been recognized as one of the most essential operational aspects that cannot be overlooked at any cost. Whether eBay Amazon inventory or Walmart inventory, here are certain policies that seem to overlap in these top performing e commerce marketplaces…
- Prevention of overselling / under selling – Overselling and underselling often happens when sellers have absolutely no clue about the course of their inventory movement in the respective marketplaces. Over selling and under selling often result in order cancellations generated from the seller’s side. This is an unpardonable offence that can be met with warnings or suspension.
- Staying safe from going out of stock – In very simple words, eBay, Amazon and Walmart.com do not entertain sellers that remain out of stock for more than an acceptable period of time. It is more than imperative to keep infusing fresh inventory as and when low stock alerts are received. Not doing so will compromise the interest of the marketplaces which again can be met with penalties.
- Maintaining stale immobile inventory – This issue is not as much about the marketplaces as it is about the individual performance of the sellers. Maintaining stale inventory in warehouses while being blissfully unaware about it can unnecessarily claim a massive part of the sellers’ overall revenues for no reason at all.
Each of these inventory related problems can be addressed with end to end integration. While Amazon and eBay sellers can access evolved solutions that have been perfected over the years, the innovative approach of Walmart API integration has made it possible for sellers in this platform to access the same level of excellence.
Multichannel listing especially with top marketplaces involved can get a little tough and tiring. Of late, the rise of Walmart.com and the gradual expansion of Amazon sellers into this marketplace have left infinite sellers wondering how to get their listing approach right. The issue basically revolves around the pricing strategies of both of these platforms where Amazon assures great deals to its buyers and Walmart.com assures lowest prices. However, Amazon would never entertain sellers that list the same products at a lower price in some other marketplace and herein hides the discrepancy.
As an Amazon seller, when you sell on Walmart marketplace, you will have to ensure that your prices are less than or equal to your list price in Amazon with the weight of the value resting in favor of Walmart. If Amazon discovers sellers resorting to such methods, it could only be a while before the latter are shown the door. With this tug of war looming in the scene, the process of selling in an organized and harmonized way can get thoroughly compromised. The only good solution to this issue is to use listing management software support systems that are enabled to management variable pricing in top marketplaces.
For example, if you are a Shopify powered seller, these softwares will ensure making the process of managing Shopify to Amazon to Walmart listing as effective as it can be while eliminating the need to worry about pricing discrepancies. It is usually very difficult to achieve variable pricing management manually, solely for the reason that sellers often lack the skills and strategies to make this otherwise trying process a success. Banking on suitable software solutions or managed services offered by reputed third party solution developers is the current trend in this sphere of multichannel listing management. The fact that these solutions are often affordable makes them blissfully approachable as well.
The magic of product feed management has been felt by infinite ecommerce sellers over the recent years. In fact, it has been rightfully said that the future of any seller in any marketplace whatsoever depends to the larger extent on data feed management. When it comes to managing performance in top performing marketplaces like Amazon, feed quality becomes the ultimate determinant for click through rates and conversions. While it is true that the rules and guidelines are very stringent in Amazon, it is still possible for sellers to get their piece of cake with proper approach to strategizing.
Optimization of feed is the first and the most important necessities that need to be carried out in order to win maximum attention, clicks and conversions in favor of Amazon stores. This is mainly because feed optimization improves the compatibility of the listing with the search engines of Amazon which ensures that the products feature in the first page of the search results if not the first 5 of the same. Featuring in the first page of the search results of even the second can enhance visibility of the sellers many times over.
Value oriented data feed management has been named as one of the few potent criterion that can take products right from nowhere to the buy box in Amazon. When products feature in Amazon Buy Box, visibility and clicks take massive leaps and there are no two ways about the same. Besides this, improved data feed that is complete with real buyer benefit in terms of quality, cost etc. goes a long way in gaining trust from the latter.
Amazon has also been seen to promote listing that attract and maintain trust from buyers. In a nut shell, managing data feed properly in Amazon makes a massive difference in the improvement of store performance which makes it imperative in the part of the sellers to approach the process with maximum care and attention.