Monthly Archives: November 2016
The importance of suitability of selling solutions in the world of ecommerce has been taken very seriously by infinite far sighted sellers, who are doing amply well in their respective ventures. However, there are many who still need to understand the difference between ‘suitable’ and ‘best’ and understand why settling with the former can be a practical life saver for their businesses. Innumerable searches conducted for the best eBay listing softwares can be mentioned as an example here; the results of which may not have benefited a significant lot of sellers who searched for the same in the first place.
In this respect, here are a few hassles that can be avoided by choosing the most suitable eBay listing softwares than the best…
- You can prevent yourself from overspending on softwares that are armed with features you will never need. The best of softwares are usually loaded with features that target areas of selling / listing that does not apply to you at all. Small scale businesses need to take note of these cautionary words.
- There are times when the best of softwares may never run in your operative systems. This happens almost all the time with eBay Amazon selling softwares and can happen with listing tools particularly as well. Best softwares that are unsuitable for your business may end up eating a lot of space or even pull down the speed of your operations leading to temporary hanging of the system which is an issue you cannot entertain while performing in eBay.
- If the acclaimed best usually do not harbor basic features which could be more compatible with small businesses or start ups. So, if you end up needing further pumping to add more features, you may have been better off starting with a suitable one instead.
It’s not unknown to eBay sellers, and it may have been repeated a thousand times over the past couple of years… but then, there are certain things that are best when repeated over and over again till concerned listeners begin to respect and follow the needful for their immediate benefit. The bitter truth is eBay is not everybody’s cup of tea especially when Cassini takes a certain dislike against you. The sad part is, not many sellers understand when Cassini has turned against them and when it is the right time to band-aid the situation.
Basically, here are three ways you can tell that the new eBay search engine is not in favor of your efforts with or without the use of eBay listing services…
- You lose search ranking – This is the first symptom of losing Cassini’s trust. This can either happen when you fail to update your listing in tune with the pace of the marketplace or plainly because some other seller gains an edge in competition. More often than not, this happens when you don’t make attempts at refreshing your listing in eBay with better pricing, updated value, season friendly offers etc.
- You start receiving warnings from eBay – There are time when sellers receive warnings from eBay like a bolt from the blue. Basically you don’t know what you have done wrong but Cassini expresses its dislike towards your listing practices. Warnings need to be taken very seriously by sellers and that too at the earliest so that listing does not get scrapped or suspensions get awarded.
Even Amazon is known for being very stern with un-impactful Amazon listing that can cause poor purchase experience in the part of buyers or diversion of traffic towards other marketplaces through the same seller.
- Your power seller badge is gone! This is the worst that could happen to any seller that may have been enjoying the badge for a while. While there could be infinite reasons why such dramatic consequences can happen, losing Cassini’s interest is a significant one among them.
Sellers who are on their way up from small to midsized in Amazon, often find certain basic operational processes like inventory management going strictly out of control. However, things don’t need to be as tough as it may seem. Enlightenment about certain basics can bring the sellers on track and help them make a more productive approach towards Amazon inventory management.
- To begin with, being well connected with the source of supply chain will prevent you from hoarding units per listing in warehouses. This will go a very long way in saving money that could otherwise have been lost to extended warehouse charges for holding units that are yet to generate demand. A healthy syncing with the supply chain source can thus, make inventory management easy and very lightweight.
- Sellers who use FBA services have a common complain about losing touch with their inventory nearly completely. However, with proper Integration with FBA staying connected with inventory as they remain stocked up in FBA warehouses becomes very easy. With updated FBA integration, constant updates on movement are passed on to the sellers as and when it happens through a comprehensive interface.
- Whether in eBay or Amazon or any other top performing marketplaces for that matter, updating inventory management automation solutions at frequent intervals and insisting on real time advantages is a critical necessary. More often than not, basic Amazon eBay selling tools do not offer real time advantages.
However, approaching reputed third party ecommerce solution developers can help with this enhanced feature. Real time inventory solutions help sellers build a more trust worthy image with the concerned marketplaces and the buyers at the same time. While it is true that sellers may have to spend from their pockets for extended solutions as these, they are usually worth the money spent.
It may rank only second to Amazon, but the pace of activities in eBay is usually considered unforgiving. Presence of thousands of sellers of infinite different natures, volumes and interests makes this ecommerce marketplace a web of all inclusive selling that stretches all the way from everyday bath and body necessities to jet planes. Considering the sheer expanse of eBay and the dedication of this marketplace towards improving customer experience by every passing day, it is imperative for sellers to maintain their performance at uncompromising standards which only happens with improved and updated approach to basic operation management.
Sellers, especially midsized to large pro sellers who attempt operations manually often find themselves failing in the face of competition. Using tools and support solutions, especially selling managers in eBay is thus, an urgency and not an option. This subscription service is free for users and assists in various operational basics like management of listing, sales tracking, managing feedback, printing shopping labels and other services as such. The purpose of this service is to ease the operational burden in the part of the sellers that eventually leads to saving ample time in the part of the sellers. Freedom from errors is also an advantage that sellers using selling managers cannot ignore.
eBay selling manager pro is an improved version of the solution and offers a host of added benefits to users of the same. For example, the inventory features of selling manager pro are extensive and more inclusive. The only flip side to this version is that you may have to pay for the service after a month of free usage. Both of these versions of eBay seller support solutions are comprehensive and easy to use and the internet is practically overflowing with guidance on the same. Basically, these are good examples of all profit no loss solutions which are worth trying.
Listing, posting and data feed management hold phenomenal importance while performing in eBay and this is applicable to sellers of all types, volumes and levels of experience. These are the days when manual attempts at the process is best left to very small scale hobby seller who may have no more than a few odd hand counted products to sell. For the rest, using eBay posting softwares / listing tools and software systems are a practical urgency.
However, sellers can experience some confusion when it comes to choosing the right solutions for the right business, mostly considering the fact that there are way too many options available with way too many different features at a range of different prices available in the market at this very moment. Abiding by the following basics though, can help the former land with apt solutions that may never be regretted later…
- Reputation of e commerce solution developers – If you approach reputed ecommerce solution developers; you can be rest assured that the posting solution offered to you is not a scam.
- Features included in the software – It is imperative that your posting software offers more than scratch basics. Say for example, if you sell on Amazon and eBay at the same time, your software should be able to manage multi-channel listing compatible with both marketplaces.
- Suitability with the operative system – You must enquire about the volume / size of the software and its suitability with your operative system before purchasing. This is because, different softwares are designed to perform in different operative systems and it can so happen that what works for others does nothing in your favor. At the same time, if your software is too bulky, it can slow down basic operations if not cause your system to hang or crash.
- Cost and customer service – You have to determine the cost quality harmony of your chosen posting software to ascertain its aptness for your cause. At the same time, you need to find out if the quality of customer service to help you through the installation process and more.
Going live in Walmart.com at this phase of e commerce evolution usually indicates blissful growth and astonishing levels of profits. However, it is well known by enthusiastic third party sellers that the process of set up and commencing selling can weeks to months of time. Gaining enlightenment about the process of establishing presence in Walmart.com and learning the best practices for that same can be of massive assistance though. Here is a quick list of necessary steps that can help sellers go live in the shortest possible time.
- Be informed before Send your application – If you wish to sell on Walmart marketplace at the earliest, it is preferable that you are a brand owner or category leader in comparison with a reseller / retailer. Walmart always prefers the former and will thus favor their applications first.
- Send your listing for approval once accepted – When Walmart accepts your application, you will need to send your listing for approval. While doing so, gain some enlightenment about popular products in your category and ensure sending the same first. At the same time, you can also price the products favorably in tune with the requirements of Walmart.com which will help immensely in going live in the shortest possible time.
- Let professionals handle set up and integration – Never attempt integration on your own. The process is usually complex and calls for technical skills. It is best to leave the same to professionals than fall victim to trial and error. E commerce solution developers who offer otherwise complex solutions like Shopify Jet.com integration etc, also offer high quality Walmart set up and integrations as well.
- Happy selling – Once set up and integration is complete, it may take only a couple of weeks to go live and conduct the business of your dreams. The process may appear slightly lengthy, but is worth the wait.
If you wish to upgrade and improve your selling practices in Amazon and eBay, embracing more advanced software solutions addressing certain specific performance enhancing aspects in these marketplaces could be the simplest thing to do. This may come with a little expense in your part, but is always worth the money spent in the process. Here are 5 tools that you can consider in this respect…
Optimization tools – From keyword research to chalking out the best title for your products, advanced optimization tools have been named as the quickest means to score with Amazon eBay search engines. If you are still working with basic Amazon eBay listing softwares and have not integrated with advanced optimization tools yet, you must consider immediately.
Pricing tools and repricing – The concept of competitive pricing is rampant Amazon and eBay and prices in these marketplaces change by the minute. Staying in track with the same manually can be a trying ad hassling process. Using pricing and repricing tools though can ease the matter literally flawlessly.
Real time inventory / order management tools – Selling on Amazon and eBay together becomes easy if you are equipped with real time inventory / order management systems. Real time inventory and order management systems add quality and dependability to your performance that is welcomed by the marketplaces and the buyers alike.
Fee and profit calculators – Calculating fees in eBay and Amazon can be as good as walking through a corn maze. You may never know what you have missed out when you were not being attentive enough. Using fee and profit calculators can help in determining the exact all inclusive amount that you will pay out from your profits.
Review generators – Amazon and eBay take reviews very seriously. So, if you are not being able to generate enough positive reviews in your favor, you can use Amazon eBay review generators for the purpose. The results can be awe inspiring.