A wise man learns from his mistake. The wiser one learns from others’.
Which one of these 2 groups do you belong to?
Yes, the second one; we thought so!
To help you learn from others’ mistake, here we bring 3 tips directly from online sellers who have experienced big failures in the past. Learn from them and boost sales of your online stores seamlessly.
“I was a complete novice when I was starting. I had this notion that selling online was easy. So once when I was in the game, I was expecting big things. But soon reality it. Sales were low. Attracting new customers was very difficult. And the worst part was I had already invested a lot in my products and warehouse. So I felt like trapped. The first entire year was very bad and I incurred a lot in the loss.”
Lesson #1- It’s not easy. It never was!
“I naively chose to sell on multiple platforms. And it was a big mistake. My Walmart store was going pretty great and I wanted to expand. So I thought I will use Walmart Integration with open marketplaces and webstores to have multiple storefronts. Sadly, it wasn’t that simple like I thought. Handling inventories and the listing was very difficult. I felt like a train wreck. There was so much to do and but I couldn’t do anything. Too much pressure. I still remember for few months, I couldn’t sleep properly. Contrary to the plans, even though I had many online selling points, sales dipped significantly. Eventually, I had to shut down many storefronts, getting back just on Walmart and Amazon.”
Lesson #2- Never sell on more number of platforms than you can handle. If you do, make sure you’re signed up to third-party e-commerce solution.
“I am far from being a technical person. So the first challenge for selling on various marketplaces was understanding the technical ends for better optimization of products, To that, I was also extremely confused about how to integrate my stores with each other. I spent days to understand how to sync Shopify Jet.com. Turns out I wasted a lot of time understanding and managing the technical stuff, which greatly impacted my sales. I wish I hired professionals back then”
Lesson #3- Avoid doing everything all by yourself. Hire professionals and experts when needed.
Successful online sellers don’t do different things; they just do things differently. Away from all the hypes and unrealistic expectations, they always have a definite plan to move ahead accordingly. To that, they are much more analytical in their selling strategies and are open to make small investments for bigger rewards.
Want to know how some of them make as much as a million every year from their Amazon and eBay stores?
Here 4 hushed secrets that very people know about these top sellers—secrets that you can learn from to optimize your sales and boost returns:
They spend more time on marketing than evident-
As important as it is, very few online sellers really take digital marketing as something serious. Most of them don’t even leverage social media platforms to connect with their target audience; they just solely – and poorly – rely on the internal search engines of marketplaces. On the contrary, successful vendors invest a great deal of their time and money in marketing their online stores and engaging with the target audience.
They always have a third hand working for them-
Handling an online store is a lot of work. And it’s too hectic trying to do all by yourself. Top sellers are never alone. They hire freelancers, they regularly outsource services. And when stuck somewhere, they don’t try to do everything by themselves but rather hire experts for additional assistance. Meaning, they always have a third hand working for them.
Post-sales analysis is a big part of their routine-
Mentioned already, top sellers are very analytical in their approach. They never leave the opportunity to learn and make improvements. Majority of them spend a great deal of their time in analyzing their sales performance. Why things worked, why there was loss—they know the answer of all these questions and they are constantly getting better.
They are signed up to e-commerce solution-
When selling on multiple platforms, having a reliable multi-channel e-commerce solutions by your side is very important for efficient product listings, inventory management and more. Successful sellers integrate everything from eBay FBA to Shopify Jet.com. This makes the tasks much easier and them, much quick, efficient and productive.
These are 4 hushed secrets of successful eBay and Amazon sellers. If you want to make just as much riches as them, walk their path and implement their ideas—soon you will be one of them.
Walmart has been a very worthy avenue for Amazon sellers to spread their multichannel endeavors into. However, the marketplace has its share of pros and cons that need to be understood clearly and comprehensively for experiencing a better future in this marketplace.
Following is a glimpse of what selling on Walmart marketplace means to Amazon sellers in an average…
- A unique channel of purchase motivated traffic – Unique visitors in Walmart marketplace is expected to reach a hundred million per month anytime soon. Thus, being a part of Walmart means instant increase in purchase motivated traffic which is the first step to achieving increased revenues.
- Greater growth opportunities – Walmart is a world renowned retail giant and there is no reason why buyers could doubt their quality and effectiveness. Therefore, it will never be wrong to believe that attaining better growth is an instant possibility when adding Walmart to multichannel endeavors.
- Easiest way to remain in high visibility even when Amazon gets tough – Every ecommerce seller is well acquainted with the fact that gaining and maintaining visibility in Amazon is a perpetual struggle, while in Walmart, it is exactly the opposite. In Walmart, competition is very low and the terms for visibility are as simple as maintaining lowest prices and minimal or no shipping or handling costs. Therefore, you can always expect traffic to pour in even if Amazon gets difficult.
On the flipside though, Amazon sellers in Walmart can always expect to be judged very strictly performance wise. Everything from listing to order fulfillment needs to be as good as or better than Amazon. Besides this, price battles between the two marketplaces can pull down profits significantly.
Everything put together, end to end integration with shopping carts and all other marketplaces of presence like Walmart Shopify Amazon Jet.com becomes imperative. This may also call for significant levels of investment in the part of sellers in advanced tools and software solutions for automation cannot be done without.
Jet.com API integration has long been recognized as one of the most difficult tasks in the world of e commerce integration to approach. In fact, many sellers have also considered not joining this otherwise promising and profitable marketplace for the simple reason that they had o clue about how to carry out the integration process whether API or inter platform or any others for that matter. Things though, have changed significantly over the past year for the better, and here are 3 good reasons why almost all of the existing issues have been addressed successfully…
- Firstly, Jet.com is not new anymore. With almost 2 years to its birth, this marketplace has reached a level of stability where concrete pre designed integration strategies can be developed and applied successfully. Sellers have already gone through the trial and error process over and over again especially with marketplace / shopping cart integrations like Shopify Jet.com etc. to understand the moods of this platform and thus, make more informed and enlightened approach towards the same.
- Secondly, e commerce solution developers that have been working day and night to create functional integration solutions for jet.com have finally come up with sophisticated tools and softwares to the likeness of Walmart API key etc. that are specific to the marketplace. All that the sellers need to do is access these assistive solutions and integrate the same with their operative systems. Experiencing enhanced automation with these tools is thus, possible in Jet.com.
- Thirdly, hiring professionals for comprehensive integration at present is affordable and yielding at the same time. There are promising e commerce solution developers that offer core integration services in as little 250$ which can often get cheaper with occasional discounts. Keeping an eye open for quality professionals can make any Jet.com endeavor comprehensive and profitable.